||Writing, editing, researching, and proofreading since 1991.
||Writing specifically for the web since 2000.
||Brainstorming, evaluating, and pitching writing topics since 1991.
||Engaging on, and creating content for, social media since 2007.
||Promoting content both online and off since 1991.
I’ve been writing professionally since 1991. See the column to the left for specifics and visit my “About Matt” to learn more about me.
In recent years, my work has focused on online content though I have experience in writing press releases, print articles, brochures, pamphlets, and books as well.
Hire Me For…
||I’m especially adept at researching and breaking down complex topics so they can be understood by a variety of business-to-business (B2B) and business-to-consumer (B2C) audiences
I’m a life-long learner and that makes me an extremely flexible freelancer. Point me at a topic and I’ll learn everything I can about it (via research and interviews) so I can write a clear and compelling piece.
|Before I wrote this post, I knew nothing about social selling. After researching the topic and writing the post (total elapsed time: 1 day) the post was so well received that I was later named one of the “Top 100 most influential individuals in the Social Selling conversation”.
Subject Matter Expertise
My own subject matter expertise includes:
- Small Business (SMB) – I’ve been supporting small businesses over at Matt About Business since 2010. I became the Tech Editor and a columnist for Small Business Trends in September of 2014 where I write on topics ranging from social media to small business ideas, small business tools and software, and small business marketing strategies and tactics. In addition, I’ve written a number of thought-leadership posts for Hewlett Packard Enterprise aimed at SMBs.
- Content Marketing – I literally wrote the book on content marketing, a topic in which I’ve years of experience.
- Online Lead Generation – from marketing automation to landing pages, and email marketing, I’ve done it all and have written about it as well.
- Social Media – As a subset of content marketing, I’ve been coaching and educating clients on best practices for years.
- Software-as-a-Service (SAAS) – I’ve written extensively on the business benefits of SAAS solutions, reviewed specific solutions in depth and picked the top solutions for list posts.
- Fiction Writing – As I’ve focused on writing fiction, I found myself doing what I always do: looking for the best solutions, tools and processes to incorporate into my craft. As such, I’ve amassed a mountain of resources for everything from plotting to characters, publishing, reference and more.
- Parenting – as the father of four children, I’ve been there and done that with a specialty in raising gifted and geeky kids.
I’ve written for both business-to-business (B2B) and business-to-consumer (B2C) audiences.
Other Things I can Do
For me, creating content, whether it’s text, image, video or audio is both a passion and a calling. Take a look at my portfolio for samples of my work and if you’re interested in something other than writing (such as an infographic or video), feel free to reach out via my contact form.